Thursday, April 21, 2011

DOF (Depth of field)

I know that when you are taking portraits you should use your dof depth of field and blur the background so it's not distracting from the person in the portrait...but I feel photography is about the photographer's perception too!  If I take a client to a certain location that I love it is for the purpose of having that background in the photograph, why would I want to blur the background and not let you see what I see...I know there are sometime when you don't want to background in it, if it is not as optimal as you would like it to be...most of the time I want to be able to see at least most of the details in the background.  This is just my preference on this, I know everyone has their own way of looking at it, that is why there are so many photographers!  Lol! Just my thought for the day!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Melissa!

2 comments: